Monday, January 17, 2011

5661 Miles...

and 9 hours apart.  Ugh.  He's there and I'm here.  I have a huge list of things to do before I leave and it is overwhelming at times.  Google chat has been a lifesaver - it's free! and we can communicate quickly in the short amount of time our days overlap.  I'm spending most of my days turning things off, turning other things on, coordinating a move and making sure that when I leave, we'll be able to function there.  There are A LOT of little things that need doing when you're not going to be home for 2 or 3 months!  I don't have photos of me trying to cross things off the to-do list. Instead, I have photos from Ron.  He's spending his days working, going for walks, living in a hotel and we're working together to rent an apartment.   His photos are much more interesting!

First - here is where Ron has been staying.  The Adagio Porte de Versailles is really quite nice!

The front of the hotel - the room at the top on the right is his room!
The view down to the entrance!
The view East from the balcony - the heart of Paris is that-a-way
The view West from the balcony - it's big but there is nothing to sit on and it's VERY cold!

The entry hall; doorways lead to bathroom (far left), kitchen and work area (left) and the bedroom (right).
The bedroom
Sitting area/work area, view 1
Sitting/work area, view 2, shows pass-thru to kithenette




As hotel rooms go, it's pretty big with enough room to spread out.  Depending on when we get an apartment, I may be staying here with Ron for awhile!

So while I got to visit with kidlets, family and friends before I leave, Ron was alone in Paris.  He consoled himself with a few walks and sightseeing.  Here are some of his favorites, along with his special brand of commentary.
detail of Eiffel Tower

People on the 1st level of the Eiffel Tower

View from The Trocadero

I thought I was getting away from this Mickey Mouse organization!
Hmmm...this doesn't look like what I ordered.
This coffee tastes like merde!
Cite Metro Station
Taking a photo of the Eiffel Tower - no, I don't know what they're trying to achieve

No comments:

Post a Comment